Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monkey Business

Happy hump day!! The work week is halfway through and I decided to make a little layout last night.  I used a picture of my son and I at the Rockport Oyster Fest.  There was a monkey there that you give a quarter too and he tips his hat and puts it in his pocket.  For a little more you can have a picture taken with him, after running out of quarters  my son wanted more lol.  So mommy had to dig a little deeper into her pocket and find "more", except all I had were bills since the rest of my change had quickly vanished into the monkeys pocket for safe keeping.  So we paid to have a picture taken with him, this is what we got. :) 

For this layout I used Graphic 45 Le' Cirque paper I distressed all of the edges and made some paper rosette flowers out of the collection with my score board.  I added some Prima bling as well as some diecuts from the collection.  The banner, lace & butterfly die cuts I cut out using Cheery Lynn dies.  This was a fun and fairly simple project, I also made a tutorial on it that will be up on YouTube within a few days.  (still have some editing to do) 

After seeing this sitting on my desk this morning my son said "Mommy I want to see a monkey" LOL I smiled and said son I'm looking at one :)


Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!!  I hope this insipires you to create a layout today. Happy Crafting! :)

2 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Adorable LO, Theresa!!
Love the papers you used and the distressing!!

Unknown said...

Super cute... now I wish I would have paid for our photo!!